[Hidden-tech] Alternatives to Zoom for a large group webinar

Shel Horowitz shel at principledprofit.com
Wed Jul 29 23:33:51 UTC 2020

Hi, folks,

A not-for-profit I'm involved with is planning a series of three speakers
that might draw a few hundred people each (or might not). My Zoom account
doesn't include webinar features and caps out at 100 seats. What are some
good alternatives, either no-cost or minimal cost? I'm also open to
exploring how to broadcast a Zoom call over a higher-capacity system such
as Facebook Live. I've been on some calls that were cast to both at the
same time, so I know it's possible, but I don't know if the signal gets
degraded.

Ideally, it would allow chat for early attenders, switch chat off during
the presentation, and perhaps turn it back on at the end, enforce
preregistration, bump off anyone who disrupts or hijacks the call, and
allow for recording and individual viewing later.

Many thanks,

Shel Horowitz - "The Transformpreneur"
Contact me to bake in profitability while addressing hunger,
poverty, war, and catastrophic climate change
* First business ever to be Green America Gold Certified
* Inducted into the National Environmental Hall of Fame
* Certified speaker: International Platform Association
http://goingbeyondsustainability.com
mailto:shel at greenandprofitable.com 413-586-2388
Award-winning, best-selling author of 10 books.
Latest:Guerrilla Marketing to Heal the World
(co-authored with Jay Conrad Levinson)

Watch my TEDx Talk,
"Impossible is a Dare: Business for a Better World"
http://www.ted.com/tedx/events/11809
(move your mouse to "event videos")