[Hidden-tech] retrieving files saved on MAC drive using Parallels

Stacy Kontrabecki stacy at swampdancer.com
Wed Jan 15 15:07:53 UTC 2020

Years ago I partitioned my Macbook Pro with a Windows drive so I could
use ARC/GIS to do mapping. I used Parallels to do this. I've since
re-formatted that computer back to factory installed settings. I am
scouring my external backup hard drive for shapefiles I may have
intentionally saved there for a simple project I GPS mapped in the
field, but can't find any intentional backups for this project.

Is there any place in Time Machine backups that I can look for these
files that may have been saved on the Windows drive? I'm pretty sure I
did not elect to do a backup on these external files - only Docs and
Pictures from the Mac OS virtual drive. I'm pretty sure the answer is
no, but figured I'd ask.

Just thought I'd check since you all are rock stars and probably know.

Thanks!

--
Stacy Kontrabecki, MBA
Swampdancer Resources