[Hidden-tech] Instagram Hack--is it phishing?

claudia at claudiagere.com claudia at claudiagere.com
Sat Dec 5 16:54:43 UTC 2020

When I opened my Instagram account on my iphone, I received a notice: "We
detected an Unusual login attempt" and two options, and I clicked on "this
wasn't me." The next screen asked for my "new password" and then "verify
password" but never asked for my current password. Which really feels like
phishing. So I didn't offer a new password or complete the request.

I then saw in my email account linked to Instagram a few similar notices
from different places in the world with a similar message:

"We Noticed a New Login, claudiagere0

We noticed a login from a device you don't usually use."

There was a link, which looks official, but led to an invalid page notice
"This is not a valid link." I've added a space before .com so no one clicks
inadvertently if it is corrupt.

https://instagram.com/accounts/password/reset/confirm/?uidb36=l4givs&token=B
o5FqK8IQM3oTumYKY2aU3k8KqKyQPqFQPhXd24H1l7lYU9QSll0H2SjHDirmb9s:password_res
et_email&v=1.3.4...0...0...2.5...1.1.6&s=login_notification_email

Do I go ahead and put in new password and confirm? Not sure if I have
anything to lose as I'm locked out anyway. Appreciate any shared experience
with this or suggestions. Thank you, Claudia

Claudia Gere & Co. LLC

Helping Smart People Become Outstanding Authors TM

http://tiny.cc/nameyourbook

+1.413-359.0003

ClaudiaGere.com