[Hidden-tech] Local iPad screen repair facilities

Elijah Gwynn eli at egwynn.com
Wed Dec 2 17:39:40 UTC 2020

I’ve got an iPad from 2012 (A1489 @ 32gb) that has started to see a lot more use in my house now that the family is doing more video calls. Its screen recently shattered and I’m looking to find someone who can replace it (glass + digitizer) relatively cheaply. I just got a quote from Yes Computers in NoHo for $175, but that’s a big fraction of the price of replacing the unit outright (they’re on eBay / Amazon refurbished for $200-$300). Replacement digitizers themselves are cheap on Amazon (~$20) but the replacement process looks daunting. Looking for suggestions on where I can take it for a better deal.

Any insights appreciated, thanks!
Eli

Sent from my iPhone