[Hidden-tech] WordPress help, please

Shel Horowitz shel at principledprofit.com
Sat Aug 15 15:31:02 UTC 2020

I don't know what's going on. I tried to write a new blog post in chrome on
my Mac. It would not accept the photo I wanted to use, did not show my
category list, but claimed the post was published. I figured I'd go into
the Edge browser on my PC and add the graphic and categories. When I got to
the PC, it asked me to upgrade my WordPress to 5.5 (I didn't get this
message on the Mac). I did this and also updated my plugins and themes.

The post did not show up at all, and I ended up recreating it by copying it
from the Mac into a text file and emailing the file to myself so I could do
the post again on the PC.

I was able to do the graphic and my categories list showed up normally.
When I hit post, I got this screen, and I have no clue what this means:

*Warning*: array_key_exists(): The first argument should be either a string
or an integer in
*/home2/shelhoro/public_html/greenandprofitable.com/wp-content/themes/responsive/core/includes/post-custom-meta.php
<http://greenandprofitable.com/wp-content/themes/responsive/core/includes/post-custom-meta.php>*
on
line *227*

*Warning*: array_key_exists(): The first argument should be either a string
or an integer in
*/home2/shelhoro/public_html/greenandprofitable.com/wp-content/themes/responsive/core/includes/post-custom-meta.php
<http://greenandprofitable.com/wp-content/themes/responsive/core/includes/post-custom-meta.php>*
on
line *227*

*Warning*: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at /home2/shelhoro/public_html/
greenandprofitable.com/wp-content/themes/responsive/core/includes/post-custom-meta.php:227)
in */home2/shelhoro/public_html/greenandprofitable.com/wp-admin/post.php
<http://greenandprofitable.com/wp-admin/post.php>* on line *231*

*Warning*: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at /home2/shelhoro/public_html/
greenandprofitable.com/wp-content/themes/responsive/core/includes/post-custom-meta.php:227)
in */home2/shelhoro/public_html/greenandprofitable.com/wp-includes/pluggable.php
<http://greenandprofitable.com/wp-includes/pluggable.php>* on line *1296*

*Warning*: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at /home2/shelhoro/public_html/
greenandprofitable.com/wp-content/themes/responsive/core/includes/post-custom-meta.php:227)
in */home2/shelhoro/public_html/greenandprofitable.com/wp-includes/pluggable.php
<http://greenandprofitable.com/wp-includes/pluggable.php>* on line *1299*

The post DID show up as published, although with a generic WordPress look
and feel, not the usual skin that my blog posts have. This is the new post:
https://greenandprofitable.com/building-a-ladder-for-new-nonviolent-activists/

The two of my older posts I checked also lost their skin. They are all
supposed to have a green background that goes with my site. It's not a big
deal, but I'd like it to go back to normal.

I went back to the wp-admin window on the Mac to see what would happen if I
brought up an older post. Only two posts show up when I click "all posts":
the one I just reposted from the PC, and a post about Ireland from 2014.
This blog has been active since 2004 and has hundreds of posts. On the PC,
all the posts are there--but I've lost the ability to reply to or edit
comments. And I notice in the Dashboard page that it wants yet another PHP
update (seems like I did one not very long ago).

What do I need to do? Advice very much appreciated, as always.

Shel Horowitz - "The Transformpreneur"
Contact me to bake in profitability while addressing hunger,
poverty, war, and catastrophic climate change
* First business ever to be Green America Gold Certified
* Inducted into the National Environmental Hall of Fame
* Certified speaker: International Platform Association
http://goingbeyondsustainability.com
mailto:shel at greenandprofitable.com 413-586-2388
Award-winning, best-selling author of 10 books.
Latest:Guerrilla Marketing to Heal the World
(co-authored with Jay Conrad Levinson)

Watch my TEDx Talk,
"Impossible is a Dare: Business for a Better World"
http://www.ted.com/tedx/events/11809
(move your mouse to "event videos")