[Hidden-tech] FLIP Cam trouble

ed at edbride-pr.com ed at edbride-pr.com
Thu Sep 26 17:51:33 UTC 2019

HTers,

Remember that FLIP CAM video recorder that was all the rage a few years
back? The company went bankrupt, eventually picked-up by CISCO, which is no
longer supporting it. Its video and audio are wonderful, and the files work
with nearly any video editing software; you just can't share it via the
FLIPshare service.

The new files on my camera cannot be found by my computer, nor on the
computers at the local repair shop. I fear that the camera may have been
dropped, and some connector worked itself loose. I can view them on the
camera, but can't bring them over to my computer to work on them.

Does anybody have experience with the FLIP Cam? There doesn't seem to be an
accessible card that could be removed and inserted directly into a device,
and I'm not about to pay multiple hundreds of dollars to a data recovery
service. Very frustrating. The camera does connect via USB, and the computer
charges the battery. The device is found by the operating system (tried on
both Mac and Windows), but no files.although it's clear that there are 100+
short videos on board.

Thanks, for any insights,

Ed Bride