[Hidden-tech] * * * Unraveling possible elaborate scam * * *

Deborah Chandler debchandler411 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 17:18:26 UTC 2019

Hi folks,

I need some assistance...

I am concerned about a possible scam. If someone can help sort this out,
please be someone who will be rational and kind, not assumptive or
insulting. This person is a Nigerian student. His phone number is in the
234 country code. I have his gmail, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Messenger
accounts.

I have much respect, encouragement and empathy for a bright student from a
poor background, and have shown that for months now. I have given no money
or personal info, just lots of goodwill. But as the story gets more
complicated and requests more urgent, it's time to do some fact-checking. I
have been his key American ally for several months now.

I have met in person with his school officials here in MA, and they have
confirmed he has been accepted there and scholarship has been awarded, but
they admit, they do no background checks on prospective students, they
leave that to the US consulate through the F-1 student visa interview,
which won't happen for at least another month...and I have reason to fish
or cut bait NOW, like this week.

Thanks in advance,
Deb