[Hidden-tech] Job Posting: Software Application Developer

Matt Jacobson matt at jacobson.net
Fri Nov 15 21:13:08 UTC 2019

Folks,

I’m posting this here since it seems like it might resonate with others on the list.  If you, or someone you know, are interested, please see the online application at https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=VALETPARKOFAMERICA&cws=38&rid=267

Job Posting:
Valet Park of America is expanding our technology offerings and as part of that initiative will be adding to our programming / development staff. We are a family run business developing parking technology solutions locally. This is a great opportunity for an entry level position that offers growth potential and creativity!

Primary Responsibilities
Design and implement small software programs or components (modules) for existing programs.
Implement new technologies via coding, testing, and integration of hardware and software.
Learn the structures, methodology, and roadmaps for VPA’s existing proprietary software.
Support of users and colleagues, including responding to email, phone, and direct requests, thorough commenting, documentation, and training.
Develop and update programs using the coding standards already in use while exploring and presenting new options.
Additional duties as assigned.

Requirements
Proficiency in one or more of these development languages: C#, PHP, Java
Experience with relational databases using MySQL, Postgresql, or similar
Strong Web Application development skills (HTML, CSS, Javascript, jQuery, AJAX, etc.)
Strong skills implementing hardware and software api’s
Mobile Development experience a plus
1-3 years professional experience required
Strong skills in identifying and resolving problems
Software testing and documentation experience
Eye for detail
Ability to work in a team and individually
Strong verbal and written communication skills with a strong customer service ethos
Analytical and commercial experience
Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship

Although I’m sending this from a non-work email address, I am the hiring manager and encourage anyone/everyone to apply.

Matt

Matt Jacobson
matt at jacobson.net <mailto:matt at jacobson.net>
413.475.2799