[Hidden-tech] Home automation projects?

Aaron E-J the at otherrealm.org
Sun Nov 3 19:58:59 UTC 2019

*Home automation projects?*

I previously had mentioned my interest in starting a general purpose
makerspace; however, if my interpretation of the description of the new
makerspace at Mount Holyoke College as being open to the public is
correct, this could be used for such a purpose. It is more the creation
of groups of people who want to work on things together that I have
realized I am more interested in promulgating. I am specifically
interested in finding a group of people who are looking to work on home
automation projects together. These could be: a more practical version
of Roomba that doesn't fill up right away and is not a circular shape,
indoor garden systems you grow in your basement in the winter, automated
cooking systems, assistive technology things for disabled or the
elderly, new IoT (Internet of Things) sensor systems, or something else.
The aim is to agree on a project that people are interested in bringing
to market and eventually starting a cooperative business on, if and when
the project proves efficacious.If you are interested, please, please
reply and share what your project interests are! When we find enough
people, we can meet up (virtually or in person) and agree on a first
idea. We may be able to work on things virtually to begin, depending on
what the idea we agree on is.

Please subscribe to the Facebook group I made (below) and reply and
share what your project interests are!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/otherrealm/
and/or you can subscribe to the mailing list:
https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/the-other-realm
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Flists.riseup.net%2Fwww%2Finfo%2Fthe-other-realm%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR1qBJvqI1E3unsRZYYTGanJOdHNTaNiytuUQtUQa5uv8fv7mfSRl0vIbRw&h=AT1v77T5zC9jbb1OCfcyLDC5w35xbpIAXWNDe1oPmBKqgS7otwwb5u5BsTuCu51qX-j4aXde2LCfyrQPGoTkDgl96TkT1Ct2mV3-rd3fJma54ALDiV6Af_lQ0KGctdi-fv6jmak8-YHw4n9LL8A>
or view the website:
https://otherrealm.org
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fotherrealm.org%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR2EBiWwjrWq2Q8Zj69E6P59WMjIbIOoPl76OBdvxmt5oeG6aHD4VJ6A7jo&h=AT3bRpyJzKeEEghqWRw8wYXXda8ca8q04wzeGIeyQV6SVJh8ik3uZqPvh8UEMNE9yypxbHxs-l1oybuj4Gccvm8YVkMKDbtmBLr-GnUuGessR_MaHu3VYtdJI4hA2141afrsAgv-sBOwl_sQdeU>
(not much right now, more to come)

--
Aaron E-J
The Other Realm LLC