[Hidden-tech] AT&T Signal Booster; phone porting recommendations

Stacy Kontrabecki stacy at swampdancer.com
Wed May 22 15:59:26 UTC 2019

It's official: our family is taking an online media hiatus - at least
for the summer. Just canceled Comcast Internet & TV service. I have
until end of Saturday before I'm turned off.

1.) What AT&T Signal Booster should I get so we can use our cell service
in the house? It's a 2 story, 1,500 square feet. We've been using an
AT&T MicroCell successfully, so I'm thinking a basic SignalBooster
should do it.

2.) Anything I should take care of before then?

  Upload pictures - check. Change any accounts with comcast.net email -
none, check. Hmmm???

3.) And also, I have 2 Vonage phone numbers. I'll likely just forward
them to my cell, but ideally I'd like to port them over to a service
that does an automatic forward, and that costs less that $20 a month -
what I pay Vonage for each. I've looked this up before and found nothing
better than Vonage. I found a $5/month park, but that is only an
outgoing voice message, not a forward. I rather thought Google Voice
required a port from a cell number, and I don't tI hink want to pay to
transfer the numbers to cell, then to GV. But maybe it is cost effective
in the end?

PS - We are on 112 in Buckland and Comcast or HughesNet are our only
internet options.

--
Stacy Kontrabecki, MBA
Swampdancer Resources