[Hidden-tech] Separate lan for company laptop

Tom Kopec tek at acm.org
Mon Mar 4 12:07:46 UTC 2019

You *might* be able to set up a DMZ on your router (I think the AC-68U
can do a DMZ), and put a cheap router (for firewall purposes) on the DMZ
and put the company laptop behind that.. I have never tried this, and
some things may not work well because of the double-NAT.

Or, you might be able to put the company laptop on a managed switch, and
configure the switch to drop all traffic to/from any LAN address other
than the gateway/router. If I did this I'd probably set up a mirror port
and sniff traffic for a while to make sure we're really dropping everything.

...tom