[Hidden-tech] PHPStorm , Netbeans, or something else

Town Websites townwebsites at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 14:01:10 EDT 2017

I'm giving up on Adobe CS4 on my new travel development tablet , not wanting
to pay $600 annually for Adobe subscription to get it on the new box.

What IDE is best for PHP, similar to Dreamweaver, and has a good server sync
capability?

I've used Netbeans and liked its PHP debugging capabilities and considered
if overall 'pretty good', but don't really want to install Java on my
Windows 10, unless it's to get the best IDE.  I have not tried PHPStorm.
I've struggled through a few projects where I had to use Eclipse, and don't
want to do that again.

I'll do most real development with dual monitors, but need to do some travel
updates on the tablet.

Thanks for the help!

Charlie