[Hidden-tech] Volunteer Instructors for Tech Foundry (503c)

Keyla Centeno kcenteno at thetechfoundry.org
Thu Sep 7 15:54:32 EDT 2017

Hello all,

Tech Foundry is looking for volunteers to teach specific IT classes for our fall cohort. We are a 503c IT workforce training program located in Springfield where we train people in several entry level tech skills to place them into jobs around the Pioneer Valley. Our typical student ranges between 20-40, from the Springfield area, and is new to the field. During the program, students are taught by local volunteers, and are required to take on projects that puts their skills to the test. Students are then sent to a four week internship to develop their professional network, and possibly get a job.
Our curriculum covers a broad range of skills, including programming, virtualization, hardware repair, network setup, data analysis, and more. We are currently looking for IT professionals, graduate students, or hobbyists in the area who would be interested in volunteering to teach classes for our current cohort. The program runs Monday-Friday from 12:30-5:00 from September 5th - December 14th . Classes typically run for about 90 minutes, and we are looking for volunteers to teach anywhere from one session to multiple sessions throughout the fall.
Please note that this is a volunteer opportunity and is not paid. For more information about the curriculum and the specific skills we aim to teach, please email me at kcenteno at thetechfoundry.org<mailto:kcenteno at thetechfoundry.org>.
At the moment, we are mainly looking for instructors to teach:

  *   Imaging and Deployment (end of September)
  *   Virtualization (mid October)
  *   Data Fundamentals (mid-end of October)
  *   Databases (mid-end of October)
  *   R programming (mid-end of October)
  *   SQL (mid-end of October)
  *   Compliance and Regulations (end of October)
  *   Risk Management (end of October)
If you'd like more information about our organization, please visit our website at http://www.thetechfoundry.org or feel free to send me an email at kcenteno at thetechfoundry.org<mailto:kcenteno at thetechfoundry.org>.

Thanks,
Keyla