[Hidden-tech] Call to Artists: Help save 100 years of extraordinary arts classes, and programming

Lisa Hoag 1world4all at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 14:30:25 EDT 2017

Forwarding this from Jeff Bianchine, President of Holyoke Creative Arts
Center. Here is a great opportunity to show your work and help a truly
worthy cause. Jeff had donated countless hours to promoting artist based
economies in our Happy Valley:

To the artists of Western Mass, the Holyoke Creative Arts Center needs your
help!

For 100 years HCAC has provided the space, tools and knowledge that the
greater Holyoke community has needed to explore it creativity. Starting in
1917 as a center for women to learn home crafts and other life skills while
their husbands served in Europe, HCAC has evolved into several modern
makerspaces servicing the entire valley with programs in upholstery,
painting, quilting, photography, graphic design, 3D printing and much more.
Recent public funding cuts have put the HCAC in jeopardy, and members have
rallied to keep the center growing on private support.  We are asking for
your help to fill the silent auction at our 100th birthday gala on 11/11/17
with artwork from talent across the region and beyond. Do you have work
available to donate? Do you know someone who does? Is there any other way
you can help?  If so, please contact Jeff Bianchine at 413-335-2845 or
jeff at holyokecac.org

Please consider participating!

Best,
Lisa