[Hidden-tech] * * * The Lyme Disease Resource Center is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator * * *

Deborah Chandler debchandler411 at gmail.com
Fri May 19 14:52:05 EDT 2017

Dear Hidden Tech community,

I would like to share that the Lyme Disease Resource Center in Northampton
is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator.

>From the Center's website, www.lymedrc.org:
Lyme Disease Resource Center, Inc. is an all volunteer community-based
501(c)(3)
organization founded in 2013. EIN 46-3986105

Our mission is to be a peer guided, supportive and safe place
for those living with Lyme Disease, and their care partners,
sharing strategies and resources for living well.

The Volunteer Coordinator position is volunteer.

Duties:
• Maintain volunteer schedule
• Assist in volunteer training & development
• Commit to one year of service

Qualifications:
• Energetic
• Professional
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Must have proficiency in Microsoft applications
• Experience in training volunteers is preferred

* * * My personal note * * *
I think it is also very helpful to have (or a willingness to gain) a good
understanding of what Lyme sufferers go through, especially those suffering
with chronic Lyme. Lyme is a rising epidemic, often undiagnosed or
misdiagnosed for years and years, and there is a lot of misinformation out
there. The LDRC is a valuable resource as a clearinghouse for the most
factual information available as well as a place for support. More and more
Lymies and their care providers are calling and coming in. Having a
Volunteer Coordinator is critical to being able to serve the growing
community more fully.

Please share this job posting widely, and please note, there are lots of
other volunteer positions at the Center, which have less of a time
commitment. Please see the website for more details, www.lymedrc.org.

To apply for the Volunteer Coordinator position, please contact Maria
Malaguti, Executive Director at maria.malaguti at lymedrc.org or (413)
588-7388. You'll find a volunteer application on the website as well.

I also welcome any questions or comments you may have for me.
Confidentiality assured.

Best,
Deb