[Hidden-tech] Possible laptop ban options

Marcia Yudkin yudkinyudkin at yahoo.com
Thu May 18 14:01:55 EDT 2017

Hi friends,

I have a 3-week trip to Europe coming up in a few months.  The tickets are already bought.  And I'm concerned about what the best plan would be in case the possible laptop ban is put into place before or during my trip.

For obvious reasons, it seems like a very bad idea to place a laptop in luggage that gets sent on through to your destination.  What do you think would be the best alternatives, considering that I will probably need to have a relatively safe way to perform business, travel and banking tasks during three weeks abroad, and I'm not accustomed to doing any of that on my (Android) smartphone?

1)Look for Internet cafes and the like during my trip

2)Buy an inexpensive, destined to be disposed later, tablet that I do send in checked baggage, password protect it and keep as little on it as possible (most of my files are backed up on the cloud anyway)

3)Figure out how to do everything on my phone, frustrating as that is

4)Or...?

What do you suggest?  What would you do?

Marcia Yudkin
www.yudkin.com
Goshen