[Hidden-tech] Quicken question

Ed Bride Ed at edbride-pr.com
Mon Mar 6 09:26:42 EST 2017

I am using Quicken Home and Business 2017 (Windows).

I'm not sure what you mean by "defined." I have given them names based on the bank. For example (but not real ones): BofA Checking; Santander Checking; PCoop Savings, etc. The one that doesn't auto-assign category is a business account. This may be the distinction that you outline below.

Checking accounts at two banks. The transactions for both are downloaded using Quicken's One-Step Update. Then, for manually-written checks, I go back and add the payee (QuickFill works) and Category. Auto-assign works fine for one account, but not the other.  If that's because it's a Business account, at least I can now stop trying to figure it out and make it work.

Thanks,
Ed