[Hidden-tech] Experience with OOMA?

James Triplett jm-hiddentech at vj8.net
Tue Jun 6 11:16:46 EDT 2017

On (05/06/17 14:31), Annamarie Pluhar wrote:
> Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2017 14:31:09 -0400
> From: Annamarie Pluhar <annamarie at pluharconsulting.com>
> To: Hidden Tech Discussion List <Hidden-discuss at lists.hidden-tech.net>
> Subject: [Hidden-tech] Experience with OOMA?
>
> Hi all,
>
> Anyone had experience with OOMA - VOIP to a regular phone?

I used an Ooma for a while, but switched to the Obihai unit as
others have mentioned, and have had good success using it with
my clients.

The thing that worries me about your plan is the Wifi part.
Telephone connections and conversations are very sensitive to any
sort of network delay- and it is very common for wifi systems to
be overloaded and/or suffer intermittent delays.  If a few people
are watching movies on that wifi- the phone connection will
be very difficult to use.

If at all possible, it would be advisable to try and get a wired
connection for the VOIP unit you choose so that it has a clear channel.

good luck,
James