[Hidden-tech] JOB: Uptrust is Hiring a Lead Frontend Engineer

Elijah Gwynn eli at egwynn.com
Mon Jul 24 10:27:15 EDT 2017

Hi HT,

I’m the CTO of [Uptrust](https://www.uptrust.co), and we’re looking
to hire a frontend web/mobile engineer in the valley right away. The
official job posting PDF can be found
[here](https://www.dropbox.com/s/jxvecebbsx0nbqa/Lead%20Frontend%20Engineer%20-%20July%202017.pdf?dl=0);
content is copied below. Interested parties should email me, Elijah
Gwynn (eli at uptrust.co).

Thanks!
Eli

---

# Lead Frontend Engineer

Uptrust is hiring a lead frontend engineer. They will help build
Uptrust's new mobile platform, aimed at facilitating communication
between thousands of public defenders, case managers and millions of low
income defendants in the United States.

Our ideal candidate is a JavaScript expert, has 5+ years of experience
building web and mobile applications, and wants to be able to make a
difference in the world.

## Responsibilities

* Building and leading Uptrust’s mobile offerings
* Collaborate with CTO to grow and maintain Uptrust’s existing web
offerings

## Required Skills
* JavaScript
* HTML/CSS
* Self-starter and entrepreneurial

## About Uptrust

Uptrust connects and engages low-income defendants to the services and
support they need to avoid jail. Millions of people are jailed every
year because they miss court and other mandatory appointments. A failure
to appear (FTA) results in incarceration that can be avoided 99% of the
time through proper communication and incentive. Uptrust eliminates
FTAs, bench warrants, and the resulting incarceration through our unique
two-way reminder system. We provide a win-win to all stakeholders:
measurable financial savings and huge social benefits to the communities
we serve. Uptrust operates in California and Pennsylvania in some of
America's largest cities and will be expanding to 10 more cities this
year.

In the summer of 2017, Uptrust welcomed the Draper Richards Kaplan
Foundation to our board. The Foundation is a global venture philanthropy
firm supporting early stage, high impact social enterprises. This
exciting partnership gives Uptrust the ability to stay focused on its
mission, and the financial stability to execute quickly.

Email eli at uptrust.co to apply.