[Hidden-tech] How do I find the pixel width of a picture?

Lynne Rudie lynnerudie at verizon.net
Sun Feb 12 22:07:10 EST 2017

Hi Shel —
	do you have a working copy of photoshop? If so, make a copy of your photo (just in case) and try this with the copy…
	Open your photo in photo shop and find the “image size” option in the image drop down.
	You should get a palette that will show you the width and height — your photo is set in inches (when I open it) but you can switch the measurement to pixels. When I do that your photo looks to be 1633 pixels x 2450 pixels.
	Note that your photo has a resolution of 300 pixels/inch. Your publisher will need to tell you what resolution they want.
If you need to change the resolution, change it BEFORE you adjust the pixel width. (The height will change proportionally to the width unless you unlink them but don’t do that…)
	If I leave the resolution at 300 and change the pixel width to 640, the height goes to 960. Ask your publisher if that sounds like what they need.
	I don’t know why your publisher wouldn’t be able to do that for you, but if you don’t have photoshop I’d be happy to do the adjustment and send it to you.
	Good luck
	Lynne

Lynne Rudie, Graphic Design
413/863-9406