[Hidden-tech] Dropbox & Website Maintenance - 2 questions

Karen Blinderman kbmail at comcast.net
Sun Feb 5 14:39:35 EST 2017

Many thanks to all who answered my questions late last September about photo-editing software for the iMac. It was good to have a consensus about what I might need.

In an effort to finally retire my PC in favor of the iMac, I have one other software question. I have pretty much converted everything I used to do on the PC to equivalents on the iMac, except for a simple program allowing me to do minor maintenance to a small client website.

I have been using Microsoft’s SHAREPOINT DESIGNER 2009. As I mentioned above, I do minor updates about once a month, no design, no major changes, just some copy updates. I’d like to find something similar to the Sharepoint Design program which works on the Mac, and is inexpensive. I do some other site maintenance work for other clients, but all are done online. Once I make the changes using Sharepoint, I then upload to GoDaddy. Someone once suggested I could use M/A Word but I’m finding that hard to believe, frankly.

Any suggestions – even if off the shelf – are welcome. If someone does have experience using Word, I’m open to learning more.

The other thing I am looking for help with is DROPBOX. I have a client who had shared a Dropbox with her giving circle, and several months ago, we moved all those files to a new Dropbox, where I am owner. Whereas the app icon on my Mac goes to the old box (where there are files I can edit), I have to log out of the old and then login to open the new Dropbox, where I cannot edit. Additionally, I have access to another client’s Dropbox where I can edit by choosing “open” in a given document. I am not the owner.

So, as owner of the new Dropbox, shouldn’t I have editing privileges?? It stands to reason. I have looked at settings, and come up empty. In order for me to update a file, I have to download it, make the changes, and then upload it back. This seems counterproductive.

Again, any suggestions would be great. I find Dropbox Help to be practically non-existent. And yes, the account is “basic” Dropbox which offers limited help options. The original owner is also stymied. And she’s pretty savvy when it comes to technology (using a PC).

Thank you,
Karen Blinderman

KayBee Marketing Resources
Karen F. Blinderman, President

413/731-8595 • kbmail at comcast.net • www.lhblin.com <http://www.lhblin.com/>

Giving you time to do more business

Serving the Association Management needs of Massachusetts since 1995

This email is confidential and privileged. Only the intended recipient may access or use it.

If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email and notify us promptly.

We use virus scanning software to scan all incoming/outgoing documents, but exclude all

liability for viruses or similar in any attachment. For your protection, please perform a

virus scan before opening this file(s), if any.