[Hidden-tech] JOB: Tech Foundry Summer Instructor

Alex Schwartz aschwartz at thetechfoundry.org
Tue Apr 25 13:15:14 EDT 2017

Hello again!

Tech Foundry is looking for volunteers to teach classes on specific technical skills for our summer cohort.  Our organization works with a variety of people interested in pursuing a career in the IT field, ranging from local Community College students to those looking for a career change. Our typical student is between 20 and 40, from the Springfield area, and is new to the field. During the program, students receive instruction from local volunteers, complete an internship with a local employer, and develop their professional network. We connect with a multitude of employer partners who help us develop our curriculum so that we are only teaching the skills being sought in the field. Upon completion of the program, Tech Foundry works to place our students into entry level jobs in the area.

Our curriculum covers a large range of skills, including programming, hardware repair, network setup, data analysis, and more. We are currently looking for IT professionals, graduate students, or hobbyists in the area who would be interested in volunteering to teach classes to our incoming cohort. This program will run Monday-Friday from 12:30-5:00 from May 8th to June 30th. Classes typically run for about 90 minutes and we are looking for volunteers to teach anywhere from one session to multiple sessions throughout the summer.  Please note that this is a volunteer opportunity and is not paid. For more information about the curriculum and the specific skills we aim to teach, please email me at aschwartz at thetechfoundry.org.<mailto:aschwartz at thetechfoundry.org>

At the moment, we are mainly looking for instructors to teach:

  *   Imaging and Deployment (early May)
  *   Active Directory Fundamentals (mid May)
  *   Anti-Virus - Prevention and Removal (mid May)
  *   Virtualization (end of May, early June)
  *   Networking Concepts (end of May, early June)
  *   Network Infrastructure and Setup (end of May, early June)

While these are a few of the courses we are most in need of instructors for at the moment, we also have a range of courses in programming, data analysis, and cybersecurity. If any of those interest you as well, please reach out and let me know!

If you'd like more information about our organization, please visit our website at http://www.thetechfoundry.org<http://www.thetechfoundry.org/> or feel free to send me an email at aschwartz at thetechfoundry.org<mailto:aschwartz at thetechfoundry.org>.

Alex Schwartz
Director of Programming and Curriculum
Tech Foundry

1391 Main Street | 9th Floor | Springfield, MA | 01103
O) 413.276.0609 ex. 104
Email: aschwartz at thetechfoundry.org<mailto:aschwartz at thetechfoundry.org>