[Hidden-tech] Creative Cloud crash problem

Lynne Rudie lynnerudiedesign at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 15:38:55 EDT 2017

Hi Hidden Techies
	I am posting this in case anyone else is having a similar problem with Creative Cloud inexplicably crashing. Over the past week I have spent an obscene amount of time on tech support chat and phone with both adobe and apple and it turned out to be a very quick easy solution in the end.

	If you are using Creative Cloud software (I’m on a mac and don’t know if the same thing is happening on the other platform) and find that Creative Cloud is crashing, it may help you to know this —
	Adobe tech support did a screen share with me and set up a test admin account and creative cloud didn’t crash in that  account. Because of this they labeled the problem as residing in my apple admin account and told me to call apple because it wasn’t an adobe problem. Don’t let them do this to you.
	Tech support at apple collected information from my system about what actually happened when creative cloud crashed and their engineers diagnosed the problem as being a corrupt file in one of the library preferences folders called OOBE. As soon as I dragged that folder to the trash the creative cloud icon went from grey to black and it began working normally again. (Restart and it generates a new folder that is not corrupt.)
	The apple support guy said he had done a search for this particular problem and found that lots of people were reporting the same problem I was and were reporting many different ways they had fixed it. They all reported that adobe was denying being the source of the problem so beware of that — creative cloud is randomly generating corrupt files. It’s an easy fix if you can determine which file is corrupt.

	Another thing to be aware of is that, despite the  fact that creative cloud was crashing on my iMac, the individual programs (Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat) kept working with the creative cloud icon was greyed out. Apple determined for me that the individual programs were continuing to function normally because I also have creative cloud working on my laptop. Because I do log on to the internet from time to time on my laptop, that was enough of a connection that the programs kept working on my iMac. For whatever that’s worth.

	OK, I’m going back to work now. Because I can…
	Lynne

Lynne Rudie, Graphic Design
413/863-9406
413/834-0889 (c)
LynneRudie.com

my new email address is: lynnerudiedesign at gmail.com <mailto:lynnerudiedesign at gmail.com>
my old verizon address is being forwarded to this new gmail temporarily
please update your contacts so we can stay in touch — thank you!