[Hidden-tech] My scanner won't talk to my computer--any ideas?

Shel Horowitz shel at principledprofit.com
Tue Oct 18 08:45:33 EDT 2016

Yesterday, I successfully scanned a document from my old desktop computer,
which I use primarily for scans. Today, the scanner's web page loaded at
first but when I clicked "create scan" the second page that allows me to
click the settings didn't load. I made sure the printer's Ethernet cable
was tight on both the printer and router ends, restarted first the browser
and then the computer, tried Firefox instead of Chrome--and all that
happened is the first page wouldn't load either. Tried it on my 2012
laptop, which is about three years newer than the desktop. The first page
loaded normally but the second page told me my browser (Chrome) did not
support Java (false).

I'm out of ideas. Anyone have some?

This is the error message:
This webpage is not available
The webpage at *http://192.168.1.11/ <http://192.168.1.11/>* might be
temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Shel Horowitz - "The Transformpreneur"(sm)
Watch (and please share) my TEDx Talk,
"Impossible is a Dare: Business for a Better World"
*http://www.ted.com/tedx/events/11809
<http://www.ted.com/tedx/events/11809>*

Contact me to bake in profitability while addressing hunger,
poverty, war, and catastrophic climate change

Twitter: @shelhorowitz

* First business ever to be Green America Gold Certified
* Inducted into the National Environmental Hall of Fame

http://goingbeyondsustainability.com
http://transformpreneur.com
mailto:shel at greenandprofitable.com * 413-586-2388
Award-winning, best-selling author of 10 books. Latest:
Guerrilla Marketing to Heal the World (co-authored with Jay Conrad Levinson)