[Hidden-tech] Why no coworking spaces in Amherst?

John Larsen starch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 13:13:48 EDT 2016

All

I work from home as I'm sure many of you do. I've made it a habit to look
regularly for shared/coworking options in Amherst and I've been amazed and
disappointed to fine almost nothing. Chicopee, Holyoke, Easthampton,
Northampton, Shelburne Falls and other Valley towns all have at least one
so why not Amherst? While I'm productive at home I'd like more
opportunities to interact and collaborate with people. I've toured
ClickWorkspace and I think their new space is going to be amazing but it's
a bit too far from my home on Pelham or else I'd jump at it. So I have a
few questions for folks on this list.

Has anyone heard any rumors or rumblings about prospective new coworking
options in Amherst?

Does anyone have any thoughts as to why Amherst doesn't have a coworking
space?

Is anyone interested in joining forces with me to figure out what it would
take to get something started?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts people would like to share.

Cheers

John Larsen

Director

Rhodium Group (RHG)