[Hidden-tech] A local version of FreeGeek?

Nate DeRose natederose at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 22:47:48 EST 2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Geek

I'm interested in starting a local version of the above.

I know that many of us have older PC hardware that we end up having to use
electronics recycling funds on due to it being unwanted.... and I also know
that many of those systems could be up-cycled and used by people.  Having
worked in several corporate organizations, I know that even donating
systems can be a hassle due to the necessary destruction of data on drives.

Any ideas on forming something to accomplish this?   I have already
contacted a few folks involved in the original program for thoughts, but
I'm curious about interest levels in the local community.

If there is enough interest, I'd love to see something like this happen.

(And I'd gladly volunteer my time.....)