[Hidden-tech] Lead Zero issue in Excel

Doug Lowing delowing at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 16:26:45 EDT 2016

That is because the creator of ZIP codes lived in New England, and the ZIP
codes start in his mom's home town. Perhaps real, perhaps apocryphal, but a
nice story.  Don't get me started on diagnosis codes where both leading and
trailing decimal zeros are meaningful. 0.00 iand 0 and 0.0  are different
(weeping)

Anyway, another option is for the client to format that column as "Zip", an
option withing "Format Cells" in Excel.

 Or damn the USPS for using all 10 digits and creating