[Hidden-tech] Lead Zero issue in Excel

Al Canali al.canali5 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 15:33:37 EDT 2016

I have data that downloads from a PHP application to a csv file. It was
flawlessly converting to excel with the lead zero in zip codes (01576). The
csv file has the zeros in it. The zeros no longer show in the excel file.
Creator of the php file is not available. About the only thing different is
the server and the fact that the file lay dormant for about a month on the
new server.

Here's what I know and have implemented: field is set up as a text field  -
 I know how to convert the field column in excel to make the zero appear.
This is not viable for this client. It must flow into the excel file
without any further steps.

Anyone have any tricks up their sleeve to make this happen??
--
Al Canali - Canali Designs
www.canalidesigns.com