[Hidden-tech] Spam filter stopped working

tom's gmail tomadams at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 07:33:44 EDT 2016

Hello fello hidden techies,

All of a sudden at 10:58a yesterday my spam filter stopped working or something changed that allow about 500 spam emails to come pouring in. I use gmail and Apple's iPhone mail app and have never, in ten years, had this problem before. I was using the free public wifi (at a campground) that didn't require a password - which is probably the problem?

I've stopped using the wifi but I'm still getting the huge deluge of spam emails at varying intervals throughout the day.

I looked at the filter settings in gmail and tried to create a filter but couldn't find a good way to identify the spam- maybe it's because I'm on my iPhone and selecting "desktop version" in the gmail app doesn't give me all the options?

Help...?

Regards,

Tom Adams, Director/Owner
Reelife Productions & Folktography