[Hidden-tech] WEIRD(ER) SPAM?

Town Websites townwebsites at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 11:48:47 EDT 2016

You can spoof anyone’s email address in the from, reply to etc fields.  Best you can do is look at the headers and find out where the email originated.

For your own email, you can assist people (including yourself) in identifying phishing use of your email by setting up hard fail SPF records.

It is well past the time that both emails and phone numbers should be easy to identify as legit.  The technology to do so is easy, it is the will to do it and deploy it that is lacking.

Charlie