[Hidden-tech] Learning to code - local group

Jeff Rutherford jeffrutherford at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 10:42:54 EST 2016

In the past year, I've bounced around among multiple online tutorials, and
paid online coding schools.

I've finally settled on Free Code Camp (www.freecodecamp.com) - an open
sourced free program that has 2,000+ hours of instructions, lessons,
challenges, and a vibrant, helpful community for when you get stuck. Plus,
Free Code Camp encourages, directs their students to help non-profits with
their coding skills as part of the overall program.

Anyway, I'm not here to sell anyone on Free Code Camp. This is just what
I've personally discovered after a lot of research and hands-on trying
various online education venues for learning to code.

So the reason for this email?

I've created a Northampton, MA-area Free Code Camp Facebook group. I'm
planning local meetups to discuss code newbies, pair program, etc. If
you're interested, or know someone who might be interested, here's the link
for the Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/free.code.camp.northampton.mass/

Cheers,

Jeff