[Hidden-tech] Security and coverage for shared WiFi

Donald M Stevens dstevens at tryandfindit.com
Sat Jan 9 22:42:20 EST 2016

Duane,

You could use the single Comcast Cable Modem, turn off the WiFi, have Comcast set it as a "Bridge" (not a router)
buy two Wifi routers, cable each into the Comcast Cable Modem, Now you have two separate networks without worrying about security. Of course different Network ID and passwords.

other option, I am not sure what the setting is, or if a Comcast Cable Modem / Router / WifI device has it.
But I believe by default, one connected Wifi device is allowed to connect to the WiFi Router and go to the Internet or receive from the internet. It cannot communicate with other devices that are connected wirelessly. Again, I would have to go look at my Cable Modem to see what the setting is. I use my Comcast Cable Modem as a "Bridge" and a Cisco Router to configure all the Wifi, security, etc.....

Hope this helps,
don

Don Stevens
TFI technologies