[Hidden-tech] LiquidWeb sold to bottom feeders - time to switch hosts, any recommendations?

Sam McClellan sam at itabix.com
Tue Aug 30 10:44:02 EDT 2016

Thank you Chris, and hello Hidden Tech people - I've been lurking here
for about a month enjoying the conversations. Itabix
(https://itabix.com) is a small hosting company located in Hadley, we've
been around since 2000, we don't advertise as we prefer word of mouth
referrals but I suppose this qualifies.

We specialize in WordPress hosting, we'll manage your WordPress site for
only $10/month for basic management. Local sites we host, many of which
we developed, include the Academy of Music, Serios Market, Mike's
Maze/Warner Farms, Renaissance Builders, Montessori School of
Northampton,  Littleton Historical Society, and five sites for various
local WGBY programs. We also work with Midnight Son Design, Carey Baker,
and welcome other local developer/designers.

Rob, as far as CDN networks we are a CloudFlare partner and also sell
SiteLock and haven't had any complaints about SEO - I think The Google
is smart enough to sort through a CDN network. We did experiment with
nginx (alternative to Apache) but it kept triggering the brute force
protection plugins for WordPress for some reason.

We have our own servers in NYC and Atlanta because local data
connections just aren't fast or reliable enough (from experience); Rob
we do use cPanel (short for Control Panel, for managing your hosting
account and email accounts) but I haven't had any complaints about it.

If you'd like information about our services please let me know.

Sam

--
Sam McClellan
Itabix, Inc