[Hidden-tech] App developer/google apps for a small business consiultant

Jim Balderston jimbalderston at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 09:36:37 EST 2015

Hi all,

I'm a lurker, I see lots of discussion between small business owners that
would be highly applicable if I owned my own business.

I don't but I work for a small business (five people) and am trying to help
them upgrade our technology (you know, to mail accounts that can be
searched and managed).

I am taking on this investigative task not because I am tech savvy but only
because I am *more* tech savvy.

This is a small private investigation firm, we do a ton of work for Public
Counsel attorneys and have to bill the state for our work. Our internal
systems need an upgrade.

Sooo...someone that could help us with Google Apps for small business would
be great ( or at least help us decide if Google apps should work for us--
including convincing owner and his wife).

Also, we are trying to find a mobile app (both IOS and Android) that would
do the following:

Allow us to enter fields such as:

Account Name
Activity Billed (from a list)
Chronological time by 10ths of an hour chunks (12:12 -12:30 PM)
10ths of an hour (.3 hours)
$ amount (time slice x hourly rate)

And them have these fields automatically drop into the client-identified
Google Sheet as an invoice.

Thoughts on how (or who) to develop the app (or if one already exists),
local Google app wizards and other thoughts welcome.

Just to be clear, I am not the decision-maker here, but want to try and put
some options in front of the owner and his wife.

Thanks,

Jim Balderston

If you like, I can be reached at 413-348-4986.