[Hidden-tech] Online Student Portfolios - seeking tech solution

Kirsten Bonanza kirbonanza at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 10:37:53 EST 2015

Hi Techies,

My school is looking to create an online student portfolio that can contain
audio, video, imagery, and writing over the course of their school career.
(We are mainly portfolio based and do not give traditional grades until
high school level.)

We've looked at a number of possibilities so far, but have some concern
about lack of privacy, and functionality and so I turn to you...

We want
- to be able to share with parents on a regular basis but not allow them
every day access.
- Allow the student to upload audio, video, imagery, and documentation
(pdf, doc/pages, excel/ numbers, etc.) to their portfolio
- Allow the teacher to upload audio, video, imagery, and documentation to a
(single or group of) student portfolio(s)

Yes, we realize we may either have to pay for an existing platform or
something on our website.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Kirsten

*Kirsten Bonanza*