[Hidden-tech] [w-folk] Dialup problems since last night (Sunday night)

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Mon May 25 16:56:17 EDT 2015

At Mon, 25 May 2015 16:33:24 -0400 Paul Sullivan <paul2004_ at operamail.com> wrote:

> I haven't had any problems of that sort all weekend.  My access points
> are local calls.

So are mine. But 'local calls' are a somewhat meaningless thing these days.
The 'local access numbers' for all dial-up providers are actually handled
somewhere in Boston or Springfield by a computer system somewhere in some
'central office' facility. In my case, the central office (in Boston) was
flooded last night. This knocked out some dial-up providers, along with the
phone system at a couple of hospitals in the Boston area.  My provider sent me
E-Mail that things are fixed now.

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933