[Hidden-tech] best LARGE file transfer method

Chris Hart, MyMacTech.com chris at chrishart.net
Sat May 23 08:58:20 EDT 2015

You're being pretty vague about why you're ruling out some existing, popular
solutions.  Because private Torrents are how I would probably do this.

But pressed for alternatives, I would first try Skype, which I believe has
no size limit on file transfers....

http://www.skype.com

Or, I would.... setup an FTP server on one (or both) of the systems...

* Mac ftp server...
- you can use the built-in FTP server (it's kind of hidden, but it's there)
- or Crush FTP server, which is also available for Windows
https://www.crushftp.com/pricing.html
- or this FTP server for Windows...
https://filezilla-project.org

Some more alternatives....

* Team Viewer  (not aware of a file size limit, but there might be one).

* Droplr
https://droplr.com/getting-started/private-drops

* Gigasize  (costs a few bucks, but has no file size restrictions)
http://www.gigasize.com

Some Windows-only solutions I found, but have no experience with:
* CC
http://www.cc-file-transfer.com

*File Transfer
http://file-transfer.sourceforge.net

Chris Hart

    • Computer Support & Technology Consulting

        for Connecticut and Western Massachusetts

            Tel: 860-291-9393

                chris at chrishart.net

                    http://www.MyMacTech.com