[Hidden-tech] Need to find used snow tires ASAP

Deborah Chandler debchandler411 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 09:44:40 EST 2015

Hi Hidden Techers,

Thank you to those who answered about the "cellphone dropped in snowbank"
issue. My friend has his phone sitting in a sealed container of rice as we
speak. Outcome currently unknown...

Next challenge:
The same person needs to find snow tires ASAP for his Ford Ranger pickup.
Long story short, he crashed his other vehicle on Saturday and now must
drive the truck that currently has very bald tires. (And I am hoping his
luck turns around soon!)

Since his phone is currently defunct, I would like to help him find these
tires, and would like to ask for your recommendations on *reputable junk
yards or other places for used tires in the Springfield area*. He lives in
Indian Orchard and the closer to him the better, especially given
​t​
he impending storm. He has a mechanic friend who can mount them.

And in case someone knows of some tires available, the truck is a 2005 Ford
Ranger, 2WD
​/rear wheel drive​
, regular cab,
​(I don't know trim offhand) ​
and the tires that are on the truck now are 225/75/15.  I'm not sure if
that is the factory recommended size, or if it is up or down a bit in size.
I am going to find that out as soon as I can. He would like to replace
​at least ​
the two rear tires, if not all four.

Thanks,
​ you guys!​