[Hidden-tech] Dropbox Question - restoring

Chris Hart, MyMacTech.com chris at chrishart.net
Wed Jan 14 13:39:12 EST 2015

I suggest having a full backup of your computer setup to run automatically
(at least once a day).  By virtue of the fact that it's backing up your
entire computer, the backup also encompasses your files in Dropbox.  This
backup should have "versioning" (such as Apple's Time Machine), where older
iterations of files and deleted files are retained for a while.

It's also wise to have "off-site" or "cloud" backup as well.  Using a
service such as Backblaze, CrashPlan, Carbonite, Mozy, etc.  They all do
"versioning" automatically.

Chris Hart

    • Computer Support & Technology Consulting

        for Connecticut and Western Massachusetts

            Tel: 860-291-9393

                http://www.MyMacTech.com