[Hidden-tech] monetizing Wordpress

Dan Richardson (t) tech at nottooloud.com
Tue Jan 6 15:55:50 EST 2015

On 1/6/15 3:13 PM, Bruce Hooke wrote:
> Each new drawing will be a single, unique "product,"
> which will need to have some sort of name or ID so when an order comes
> in she knows which drawing has been ordered.

Each one is named by the date it was drawn, so that part's easy.

> And it sounded like there
> might be some variation in price too from one drawing to the next, again
> requiring that each drawing be uniquely identified in the system.

She's thinking "pay what you like" w/ a $20 or so minimum, so, still easy.

> As an artist I can quite understand not wanting to get into printing
> multiples. It's far from easy or cheap to accurately reproduce a work of
> art, especially at larger than letter size. It takes quite a bit of work

She's had some of them scanned and printed at Pivot. They do beautiful
work, and she thinks their prints look better than her originals.
Unfortunately, that costs her way more than she wants to sell them for.
Affordability, accessibility, and just getting them out there are at the
top of her list of goals. I think she'd be happy to sell one a month.

Dan