[Hidden-tech] Lenovo pre-installed adware

Jeff Brand jeff at deltafactory.com
Fri Feb 20 11:16:58 EST 2015

I believe it was the Geek Squad's crapware that inspired this tool which
might help non-techies do it themselves.
http://www.pcdecrapifier.com/

Windows 8.1's licensing and tools have made it easier to create a clean
install as well.
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/02/save-yourself-from-your-oems-bad-decisions-with-a-clean-install-of-windows-8-1/

The only questionable step is vendor driver support.

I think that Lenovo's mistakes are severe enough to create some serious
outcry and change acceptance of bundled software by the general public.
All it needs to do is cost them more in sales and legal fees than it earns.