[Hidden-tech] Computer Crossroads- Do I buy a new laptop? Change to Macbook Air? Have one Custom built?

Izzy G izzygesell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 08:02:50 EST 2015

Good Morning,

​The situation: My 2 year old ASUS zenbook had a dying HD that will cost me
(according to repair place) $500 to replace + $300 to reinstall data​
(which I could do myself as it is backed up on Crashplan).  I'm not
inclined to fix the ASUS as it has been in the shop a few months ago (maybe
that was the beginning of the HD fail and wasn't noticed):

I'd like some help looking at my replacement options (this is my only
computer). Budget is  +/- 1k:
Fix Zenbook. Trust that a new HD will work.
Find another laptop- need some suggestions. Looking for 13-14 inch screen,
reasonably lightwith, need only 4 GB
Have one custom made  (local if possible)
Buy a Macbook air- I need guidance and handholding to make the switch but
am open to it.

Other options?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Izzy

--
Izzy Gesell, M.ED, CSP (Certified Speaking Professional)
​

Lynda.com Author of "Applied Improv for Leaders"  www.lynda.com/IzzyGesell
Free 10 day unlimited accessto Lynda.com's extensive library of courses
​:​
http://www.lynda.com/trial/IzzyGesell

​