[Hidden-tech] Comments about Survey tools

Jan Werner jwerner at jwdp.com
Tue Aug 11 16:33:08 EDT 2015

I'm a long-time member of the American Association for Public Opinion
Research and the subject comes up fairly often on AAPORnet, the
organization's very active listserv.  Of course AAPOR members tend to
want more advanced features than most people who do occasional surveys.

Looking through the message base, the most popular choices for email
surveys over the past couple of years seem to be Qualtrics (powerful but
expensive) and Survey Gizmo (less expensive but considered just as good
for most purposes).

Survey Monkey is less powerful than either of these, but the general
consensus is that they are improving rapidly, and usually the least
expensive acceptable option for simple surveys.

Jan Werner