[Hidden-tech] Is there a way to set up address books and easily mail to them in GMail?

Shel Horowitz shel at principledprofit.com
Wed Apr 22 21:53:50 EDT 2015

Well, here's what I've learned:

YES, it is possible to set up groups in GMail (thanks, Mark F.). You use
the Contacts selection under the main GMail menu. However, apparently you
have to add the names one at a time, can't just paste them in. Ugh!

Several people suggested going to a mailing client such as Constant Contact
or MailChimp. I've actually toyed with that in the past, but I do see one
big issue: I use these almost exclusively to forward mail to people who are
interested in a particular topic. In any mailer I've ever used
(GetResponse, Mailchimp, YMLP, and some others that I don't think are
around anymore), there's 10-30 minutes of setup to get something out. I
want to just hit forward and instead of sending to one individual, type in
a name that represents 20 to 50 individuals. The whole thing with this is I
want it to be quick and easy, not cost me anything, and not take any work
on my part. So the more I think about doing this in Mailchimp, the more I
realize that I just would not ever send anything out like that, because
it's way too much trouble.

But that did lead me to think that I might be able to just set up a bunch
of different Yahoogroups as newsletter-format (announce only) and able to
accept attachments. Not ideal, and it comes with ads. However, I just tried
to set up the first one, and it didn't give me an option to specify
announce-only, and nothing happens when I click the Accept and Create
button. It's been years since I set up a Yahoogroup and I can't figure out
what I'm doing wrong.

Are there other list processors that would do what I need?

Watch (and please share) my TEDx Talk,
"Impossible is a Dare: Business for a Better World"
*http://www.business-for-a-better-world.com/tedtalks/
<http://www.business-for-a-better-world.com/tedtalks/>*

Shel Horowitz - Green Business Profitability Expert
Helping you find the value in your values since 1981 - because
green isn't just good for the planet--it's *great* for your bottom line

Contact me to reach green, socially conscious consumers with
marketing that has THEM calling YOU"

Twitter: @shelhorowitz

* First business ever to be Green America Gold Certified
* Inducted into the National Environmental Hall of Fame

http://business-for-a-better-world.com * http://greenandprofitable.com/
mailto:shel at greenandprofitable.com * 413-586-2388
Latest award-winning, best-selling (8th) book:
Guerrilla Marketing Goes Green (co-authored with Jay Conrad Levinson)

Blog: http://greenandprofitable.com/shels-blog