[Hidden-tech] An invitation to Sri Lanka

SandyWeiner sandyweiner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 11:52:43 EDT 2015

Greetings folks!
As some of you know, I'm working with a Buddhist Monk run foundation in Southern Sri Lanka. The foundation runs a large number of projects at any point in time from schools to a home for teenage pregnant moms to raise their children to cow release programs, and so on. You can look at website and get a very basic idea of some of the programs. Www.bodhirajafoundation.org (yes, the website needs help, too.)

We have a Preschool with over 250 children in it and prinary and secondary schools from first grade through 11th grades, as we don't have the funding for 12th and 13th grades. In both cases they are English based schools. English is extremely important for Sri Lankans to raise them out of poverty. There is a grueling need here in Sri Lanka and limited resources. English is extremely important for Sri Lankans to raise them out of poverty. There is a growing need here in Sri Lanka and limited resources. The problem The big problem that we have a sitter teachers English is not very strong. Consequently, we need native English speakers to come and talk with and "teach" our children as we as our Monks. We also need teachers who can help our teachers learn new methods of teaching for diversity and creativity. Most of our teachers only have about six months to two years of pedagogical training .

We made a decision to open up our programs and invite people to come to support us for ideally a minimum of three weeks or longer. We will provide housing and food although would appreciate a donation to cover these costs if possible.
Living in Sri Lanka is an amazing experience. At least for now. It is one of the top biospheres in the world. I say for now, because the number of tourists that are coming is in increasing exponentially and there are signs of much new building taking place as well.

There is something very special about being in Sri Lanka. When I first came here for a visit with my son a year and a half ago I was still mourning from the loss of his father. I don't know if it's the loving kindness meditation (Metta meditation) that's done here twice a day or just something about being here that creates healing at a rapid pace. So far,everybody is coming to visit me here has experienced something similar.

Over the years, I found that you folks at hidden-tech are very special. I would like to extend an invitation to those of you that are interested to to talk about coming  for a visit. We have some limited capacity, so we can discuss timing as well. Please feel free to get in touch with me if you're interested.
If I don't get back to you right away, please write again. I'm usually quite responsive to email with the exception that from the 19th to the first couple of days in May when  I will be in a silent meditation retreat. As I use mostly my iPhone sometimes emails get lost to new ones taking their place.

I'm looking forward to discussing this further with those of you that are interested in com g  sharing thoughts and ideas.orIt's a wonderful place to come, alone or with family.
i'm looking forward to seeing what unfolds.

In Metta, Sandy

Sent from my iPhone