[Hidden-tech] Playing a troublesome WMP movie on a Mac

Shel Horowitz, Ethical/Green Marketing Expert shel at principledprofit.com
Tue Sep 23 17:18:40 EDT 2014

Thanks, Jeff and Chris. I'd forgotten about VLC.
I was able to download the original file and it
worked fine.

>Yes VLC rocks is my favorite media player.  And
>it plays 90% of the WMV I throw at it.
>
>For the other 10%, there is Flip4Mac (which is a commercial product)....
>http://www.telestream.net/flip4mac/overview.htm
>
>If you use VLC please remember that it's open
>source software and that the people who develop
>it need your support, in order to keep it great.
> Please donate!
>
>Chris Hart
>
>     • Computer Support & Technology Consulting
>
>         for Connecticut and Western Massachusetts
>
>             Tel: 860-291-9393
>
>                 http://www.MyMacTech.com
>

>On 9/19/14, 11:30 AM, "Jeff Brand"
><<mailto:jeff at deltafactory.com>jeff at deltafactory.com>
>wrote:
>
>    ** Be sure to fill out the survey/skills inventory in the member's area.
>    ** If you did, we all thank you.
>

>Different codecs can make video support interesting, even when the
>container format is supported.
>
>VLC has long been my go-to video player. They've put serious effort into
>supporting every video format out there without relying on external
>libraries. Give it a try at videolan.org. If it can't play it, then
>there's a good chance that the file sent was corrupted somehow.

Watch (and please share) my TED Talk,
"Impossible is a Dare: Business  for a Better World"
http://www.ted.com/tedx/events/11809

Shel Horowitz - Green Business Profitability Expert
Helping you find the value in your values since 1981 - because
Green isn't just good for the planet--it's *great* for your bottom line

Contact me to reach Green, socially conscious consumers with
marketing that has THEM calling YOU"

Twitter: @shelhorowitz

* First business ever to be Green America Gold Certified
* Inducted into the National Environmental Hall of Fame

http://business-for-a-better-world.com * http://greenandprofitable.com/
mailto:shel at greenandprofitable.com * 413-586-2388
Latest award-winning, best-selling (8th) book:
Guerrilla Marketing Goes Green (co-authored with Jay Conrad Levinson)

Blog: http://greenandprofitable.com/shels-blog