[Hidden-tech] Electric Vehicle Interest Group?

Theo Matthias theo.matthias at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 21:16:05 EDT 2014

Howdy H-Ters,

I am a new owner of a Nissan Leaf and am interested in forming an informal group of other plug-in electric vehicle owners or soon-to-be owners. The purpose of the group would be to share general information about BEVs (battery electric vehicles), PHEVs (plug-in hybrid vehicles), EREVs (extended range electric vehicles) as well as more specific topics like electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE), apps/websites for EV support, charging infrastructure information (ChargePoint, Plugshare, etc.), available state/federal incentives, and other related topics.

My initial thoughts would be to focus on the EV categories and vehicles that use plug-in chargers for their batteries (as opposed to using fuel cells):

 - Battery Electric Vehicles
       BMW i3/i3 REx
       Chevrolet Spark EV
       Fiat 500e
       Ford Focus Electric
       Honda Fit EV
       Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive
       Mitsubishi i-MiEV
       Nissan Leaf
       smart ED and Electric Fortwo
       Tesla Model S
       Toyota RAV4 EV

 - Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles/Extended Range Electric Vehicles
      Cadillac ELR
      Chevrolet Volt
      Ford CMAX Energi
      Ford Fusion Energi
      Honda Accord Plug-In
      Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid
      Toyota Prius Plug-In Hybrid

I would be able to host get-togethers where I work with plenty of room for parking, a meeting room for presentations, but (alas) no charging stations (yet!).

Drop me a reply if you would have an interest in exploring this idea with me. Make sure to let me know your level of experience with EVs and make of EV you own/plan to own.

Thanks in advance!

Theo Matthias
Easthampton, MA