[Hidden-tech] Fwd: Mac folks URGENT: what can I use instead of Eudora?

Lynne Rudié lynnerudie at verizon.net
Sat Oct 25 14:08:42 EDT 2014

I recommend that you check out the Mac Mail program, which is built into your operating system. I don't personally use the smart mailbox option so I don't have any experience with that to pass on. However, I know that "regular" Mail does most of what you are looking for and I think just about everything else you need will be found in the smart mailbox functions.
	I find mail very flexible and easy to adapt, and easy to file messages in intuitive ways that make the messages easy to access later on.
	I never use the cloud so I know that won't be a problem for you. I have no trouble opening attachments or clicking on embedded url's from the message itself. It will store multiple signatures but I can't speak to whether it is actually unlimited or not.

	I have my mail messages coming in on my desktop, laptop, iphone and ipad, none of which use the same operating system. I have also been able to import all my old messages into new operating systems as I have upgraded. Time Machine backs it all up, so my message folders are accessible through the time machine function, and the time machine disk is searchable independently. Mail also has an archive function that allows you to compress a set of messages or folders which can be stored outside of mail on an external drive.

	I'd be interested to know what you decide to do.
	Good luck
	Lynne

Lynne Rudié
Graphic Design