[Hidden-tech] Annoying Outlook anomaly

Ed Bride Ed at edbride-pr.com
Thu Oct 23 20:32:08 EDT 2014

HTers,

I run my office on a laptop and docking station, never shut the computer off
except rarely when installing a software update (iTunes, Windows, AOL,
etc.). Today, after shutting down and re-starting, my Outlook mail searches
mostly come up empty. That is, no matter what folder I look into, to try to
find someone by name or by message content, anything that was posted before
early afternoon (when the computer started again) is not found by the
search. The messages are there -I can find them manually--, but the search
says they're not.

Has anybody ever run across  this, and if so, did you fix it? How? I did a
Windows update, shut down, started up again, but no change in behavior. It's
very annoying, disruptive, and costly, in terms of my time.

Thanks,

Ed

Edward J. Bride

Technology Public Relations