[Hidden-tech] Wooden Parts Cut and Drilled to Drawings

Allen Belkin albelkin at aol.com
Tue Mar 11 11:48:31 EDT 2014

You might look at SmallCorp in Greenfield: www.smallcorp.com
<http://www.smallcorp.com/> .  They manufacture custom display cases for
museums and galleries.

Allen

  _____

From: hidden-discuss-bounces at lists.hidden-tech.net
[mailto:hidden-discuss-bounces at lists.hidden-tech.net] On Behalf Of Michael
White
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 7:12 PM
To: hidden-discuss at lists.hidden-tech.net
Subject: [Hidden-tech] Wooden Parts Cut and Drilled to Drawings

Does anyone out there have a recommendation for a carpentry/millwork
facility in the area that can do low-cost repetitive wood parts. We are
building a kind of high-tech cabinet in builds of ten at a time, they are
mostly wood and comprised of about 20 parts each. My group will have to do
assembly, but I would really rather give the saw and drill work, including
cuts, bolt holes, and some semi-tricky grooving, to someone else.

I am not sure even what kind of shop would do this - it is kind of like
machine shop work, but in wood. Maybe a millwork or non-custom cabinet
place? It would be great to give the work to a local shop with idle tools,
idle hands, and free, cheap cycles to spare.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Michael White, Ph.D.
CEO/CTO, FTL Labs Corporation
303.317.6566